Pre-Death Experience: My Battle With Sleep Paralysis

It's more than just a delusion. It's more than just a dream. In fact it's reality.
My body screams for help but I can't scream out loud. In fact, it feels like someone had just wired my mouth shut, and placed a weight on my chest, hindering my breathing. I feel like I'm suffocating. It progresses.
Sleep paralysis was an experience I've had since I was 8 years old. And I've had this for the majority of my life. It always felt like I was clinging on the verge of death. I felt frozen or bound. Lying there. Helpless. That was nothing.
Then the hallucinations came. I remember I was sleeping peacefully in my dorm room and I woke up to try turning over to my side. I was lying on my back and realized I couldn't move anything except for my eyes. As I was lying there helpless, I looked to the left on my wall and saw my Bob Marley poster hanging on the wall. Moments later, the poster begin to slowly change shape. It went from just an ordinary poster to a black silhouetted figure hovering over me. It was some dark-hooded figure with no arms or legs, and was faceless. I stared at it, trying to scream for my roommates to help but I couldn't. I laid there like some lifeless rag doll. The longer I looked at it, the closer it got to me. My heart was racing faster, pounding harder.
For the first time ever in my sleep paralysis, I not only felt trapped but felt like something was almost pulling---tugging away at my soul. This happened earlier this year...

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, December 15th, 2011. My sleep paralysis happened again, but this time I woke up and notice a tingling sensation in my shoulders, neck and arms. I noticed that my head was twitching back and forth and my eyes were rolling in the back of my head like a seizure. The uncontrollable jerking happened multiple times and because I was exhausted, I let it happen over and over. I was too exhausted to fight back so at that point I decided to let my paralysis take advantage of me.

My long life battle with sleep paralysis is still in existence. It something that can treated but never cured and I've come to except it. It seems that there's been a progression of new symptoms. First it was just the paralysis then the hallucinations, then possible seizures.

Although there is a scientific explanation for this, it is very one-sided and I believe that there is a spiritual explanation for it. I say spiritual because hundreds of thousands of people have experienced the same sleep attacks; people from different countries, cultures, backgrounds and ages have described the same paralysis and saw the same dark hooded figure. Scientists say that sleep paralysis and the hallucinations are only a dream, but if that's the case then why have so many people experienced this and see the same dark hooded figure?

I believe as a christian that if there is a physical truth and a subconscious truth then there is a spiritual truth. Even though Christianity and science have united in miraculous ways, there are certain phenomenon that even science can't explain.
Whether you believe it or not, just like you are hustling to gain worldly success, God and Satan are hustling and battling for your soul. It is a spiritual warfare, and as much as Satan wants my soul, Jesus already has it.

I keep telling myself that the reasons I've had sleep attacks for so long, is because of my long battle of social anxiety that I've experience since I was a child. Maybe my past feelings of a loss of control or certain traumatic past events in my life have triggered it. Whatever the case may be, I know that sleep paralysis does not have control over my life.
To anyone out here reading this and can relate to this: you are not alone. You are never alone because around the world, people have the same experiences such as you and I. But don't be afraid. There are methods out there for controlling your sleep paralysis.


Comments

  1. sound like a sprit tormenting you although that has happen to me like once every yr or not often i pray about it and plead the blood of Jesus over my life and home stay clear from demonic activities, movies, music etc and tune into the word of god movies music etc, it has a name you send it right back to the dark dry places where it came from! in the name and power and authority of Jesus Christ i speak life and peace over you EbonyVs.Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ronald McDonald's a No-Go?: It's Not a McDonald's Thing It's A Parent's Thing

When the computers die... there's always the ol faithful